What's going onEdit
Several dozen sites have been established to help survivors of Hurricane Katrina find their loved ones, and to allow people to report missing people. This creates a difficulty for people trying to locate missing persons - they need to search dozens of separate databases and message forums.
We are organizing a team to enter data from unstructured sources (mostly message boards) and get it deposited into a central database. The database is built and live. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to accept responsibility for a set of records, make your claim on this wiki, and enter them into the database.
Instructions on what to doEdit
- Find a source below with unclaimed entries.
- Claim a set of entries, sign your claim. Remove the brackets around the link, so that no one follows it by accident when you're working on it.
- Enter the data you've claimed into the New Orleans Network site
- Return to the page where you claimed entries. Mark it Completed.
- Very important - It's okay not to complete a set. But come back to the wiki, mark the set as unfinished, and make it clear the last entry you made so someone else can finish your work.
- Claim a new set, if you wish
Databases with unclaimed entriesEdit
Sources being entered from delicious tags
ClarionLedger entries unclaimed
Bravenet Forum entries unclaimed
NewsisNow entries unclaimed
Craigslist Forum entries unclaimed
Hurricane Katrina Survivors entries unclaimed
Katrina Messages entries unclaimed
I'm still confused - what do I do?
- If you're on IRC, visit #globalvoices on irc.freenode.net - several people there are working on the project and can help you out.
- Post questions to the "discussion" tab of this wiki page, and we'll try to help you out.