Please list yourself below if you'd like to be an administrator on this blog -- that allows you to block users and IPs, to protect and unprotect pages, and to delete or undelete pages or images that don't belong. New admins: see the Administrator's guide for details on using your awesome admin powers.
Pending Requests Edit
Greetings, admin peoples. I'd be glad to take on an admin role myself and help with housekeeping duties. Let me know! NateOlson 13:29, 20 July 2007 (EDT)
Hi Jwalling. We're aware of spam problems - they were especially bad over the holidays, as many of our regular spam patrollers, myself included, took some time off. We're looking seriously at BadBehavior now and will likely install it in the next week or two. Thanks for the concern. EthanZ 17:54, 13 Jan 2006 (EST)
- There is no need to delay. I installed it in 15 minutes without a hitch. Since BB doesn't have a reporting script (the author recommend phpMyAdmin) I set up a report using AppGini, which you can see here:
- If you want to use this script, I can provide a zipped copy which you can configure to your database with the setup program. You can run two versions, one for viewing only and one with edit capability.
- --Jwalling 18:14, 13 Jan 2006 (EST)
- The spam on this wiki is becoming toxic. How can you standby and let this happen?
- --Jwalling 14:51, 15 Jan 2006 (EST)
Jwalling - Global Voices is a large project with a lot of admins - who live on five different continents. Decisions don't always get made overnight. And they also require the cooperation of the sysadmin staff at Harvard. I'm sorry you're not happy with the pace of our response, but I don't think posting here on a near-daily basis is really helping me and the rest of the team come to a decision about our strategy. EthanZ 20:46, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- You are welcome to share your thoughts here http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SpamFilter I am proposing a project to improve on the existing anti-spam options used by Mediawikis.
Recently created adminsEdit
see Special:Listadmins for the full list
Users with a + next to their name are able to create new admins. You might leave a note on one of their talk pages if you don't get a response to your request above.