Global Voices has been blown away by the interest in our JSS feeds, which allow bloggers to publish recent RSS headlines on their blogs quickly and easily.
- 1 - Log into your Wordpress.com account and go to your dashboard/admin interface.
- 2 - Go to the "Presentation" tab, then the "Sidebar Widgets" tab within that.
- 3 - Drag the box that says "RSS 1" from the "available widgets" section up to the "Sidebar" section.
- 4 - Go to the GV RSS Feeds page and copy the url of the RSS feed you want syndicated on your blog.
- 5 - back in your Wordpress.com Widgets page, click on the small icon on the right side of your RSS widget in the metaphorical sidebar.
- 6 - Paste the URL of the RSS feed into the top box and the name you want to appear above the feed on the sidebar into the second box.
- 7 - Close the popup and click "Save Changes" on the right.
Here's an image with some details:
You should now have the feed of your choice on your sidebar!
Oops, we don't actually have any other services yet. There's a strong likelihood you could find your own method of embedding an RSS feed into your blog (search google for "[yourblogservice embed RSS feed").
If we get enough interest we'll make more tutorials, contact "webmaster" with details and we'll see what we can do.