One of our Managing Editor candidates asked a set of questions of Regional Editors, as well as of Rebecca and Ethan. To give Regeds a chance to answer these questions jointly, they're posted here and regeds are welcome to post answers here.
To the Regional Editors.
- What, in your opinion, does Global Voices lack? If there are several items in your list, what is the one thing that you think should be top priority to build in over the short (let's say six months) term? And over the longer (six months to two years) term?
IMHO, top priority should be making the site less daunting -- and therefore more useful -- to readers. --Georgiap 21:21, 29 Jan 2006 (EST)
- If there anything wrong with Global Voices? If so, do you have any ideas on how to fix it?
- How do you see yourself as part of Global Voices over the next year?
Over the next year I'm going to be focused on using GV as a platform from which to develop the Caribbean blogosphere, which is quite immature at this stage. --Georgiap 21:21, 29 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Do you think you're poorly paid?
- How do you feel about someone coming in from the outside to fill a position that hasn't existed so far?
As the Editor of a newly created region within the GV framework, I'm hardly the one to answer this one! As far as I'm concerned, the important thing is that the ME has the skills and vision required - in a sense we're all coming to this "from the outside", aren't we? --Georgiap 21:21, 29 Jan 2006 (EST)
- What are you expecting from a Managing Editor?
- What worries you about having a Managing Editor to report to?
Another person trying to hold me to deadline! But seriously -- and while I've avoided the question about what I'd expect from the ME -- I welcome this development wholeheartedly. --Georgiap 21:21, 29 Jan 2006 (EST)